- Astronomy Filters
- Light Pollution Filters
- STC Astro-Multispectra Filter + FREE Shipping + FREE LensPen
Exclusive offer from Cyclops Optics: Besides the usual FREE Shipping Offer for most countries worldwide, now we further offer a FREE LensPen (original value US$11), allowing you to clean the surface of your optical equipment safely. In case your chosen option is out of stock, we will send another version for you.
STC Astro-Multispectra enables photographers to image deep sky objects under the influence of light pollution in city. The natural colour tone and hue are very well preserved while cutting out unwanted emission from artificial lights. Specially designed for one shot colour camera and DSLR.
- STC Astro-Multispectra 48mm / 77mm / Canon or Nikon Full Frame Clip filter
- STC microfiber cleaning cloth
- UV index card
- Free step down rings (only for 77mm) version — 77mm to 72mm, 67mm, 62mm, 58mm, 55mm, 52mm, 49mm
- Blocks out light pollution to enable astrophotography in city
- Suitable for DSLR and dedicated CCD camera
- Natural colour representation
- High transmission for astronomical bodies emission
- Co-developed by STC and Dr. Wei-Hao Wang, a renowned astrophotographer and professional astronomer
For use with camera lenses, please check out:
- Canon APS-C
- Canon Full Frame
- Fujifilm X APS-C
- Nikon APS-C
- Nikon Full Frame
- Olympus M43
- Sony Full Frame
- Sony APS-C
- 48mm / 77mm
Before & After
|Without STC Astro-Multispectra||With STC Astro-Multispectra|
Direct JPEGs output from Nikon D800
|Credits: Dr. Wei-Hao Wang|
STC Astro-M Transmission Characteristics
- Natural colour representation by selectively blocking out UV light below 410nm, sky glow in between 620nm and 640nm and infrared light beyond 680nm
- High transmission for astronomical bodies emission at Hα=656.3 nm, Hβ=486.1 nm, OIII=495.9 & 500.7 nm, SII=672.4 nm and slightly passing yellow-orangish emission at 605nm.
STC utilises ion beam assisted deposition (IBAD) to solidly bind the coatings onto Schott B270 glass, the very same glass used in Zeiss lenses. Such technique enhances the light transmission and also durability of the 160 layers of coating deposited to produce the advanced filter characteristics shown above.
With patented Ultra Layer® technology, both surfaces of Astro-Multispectra are coated with Anti-Smudge nano-coating to prevent dust and water from settling on the filter surface. Dew will not form and your filter is always clean. If necessary, it's effortless to clean.
12 months warranty covering defects due to manufacturing and workmanship
Extended to 18 months by registering on STC website.
|Substrate||2mm Schott B270 glass|
|Weight||12g (48mm), 29g (77mm)|
|Wavelength||400 – 700 nm|
|Water droplet contact angle||110º|
|Layers of coatings||Total of 160 layers on both surfaces|
|Environmental Rating||RoHs 2.0|
|Made in Taiwan|