- Astronomy Filters
- Light Pollution Filters
- STC Astro-Multispectra Clip Filter (Pentax) + FREE Shipping + FREE LensPen
Exclusive offer from Cyclops Optics: Besides the usual FREE Shipping Offer for most countries worldwide, now we further offer a FREE LensPen (original value US$11), allowing you to clean the surface of your optical equipment safely. In case your chosen option is out of stock, we will send another version for you.
STC Astro-Multispectra Clip Filter for Pentax bodies is a novel light pollution filter designed by STC Optics with transmission characteristics designed by professional astronomer and renowned astrophotographer Dr. Wei-Hao Wang. Check out the comparisons below to see how effective the Astro-Multispectra filter is!
Placing the light pollution filter closer to the sensor reduces color shift that may occur at the peripheral areas of the image if front screw-in lens filter is used.
- Greatly reduces interference from artificial lighting in city
- Suitable for Pentax camera
- Natural colour representation
- High transmission for astronomical bodies emission
- Co-developed by STC and Dr. Wei-Hao Wang, a professional astronomer and renowned astrophotographer
* Please refer to compatible camera list below
- Clip Filter is designed for Pentax cameras. Mounting and removing the Clip-Filter is quick and easy. The colour shift problem that may occur due to the wide angle SLR lens in peripheral areas of the image could be reduced. The recommended SLR lenses focal length is 14mm or longer on APS-C bodies.
- The material is A2 stainless steel which is virtually non-magnetic and less brittle at low temperatures. Specially designed Clip-shaped structure could be pressed firmly while attaching the lens on camera body.
- STC Astro-MS Clip filter can reduce the interference from artificial lighting in the city, and enhance the wavelength of Hα, Hβ, OIII and SII. (Hα=656.3 nm, Hβ=486.1 nm, OIII=495.9 & 500.7 nm, SII=672.4 nm)
- It is coated by the use of the IBAD (Ion beam-assisted deposition) technology on Schott® B270 optical 2mm glass, working for higher durability and easily cleaning, and preventing aging variation in optical spectral characteristics due to temperature and humidity change
- High-quality double-sided NANO Anti-smudge coating provides excellent performance on waterproof and grease-proof capability
- Considering the different optical lens properties of all kinds of brands, it is normal for spherical and coma aberration to occur on part of the fisheye lens, super wide angle lens and wide angle lens.
- 12 months' original manufacturer warranty and lifetime warranty on aluminium frame
Compatible Pentax camera bodies
Compatible Pentax lenses
- SMC DA FISH-EYE 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 ED IF
- SMC DA12-24mmF4 ED AL IF
- SMC DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL IF SDM
- SMC DA17-70mm F4 AL IF SDM
- SMC DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR
- SMC DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 ED AL IF DC WR
- SMC DA18-270mmF3.5-6.3 ED SDM
- HD DA 20-40mm F2.8-4ED Limited WR
- HD D FA 28-105mmF3.5-5.6ED DC WR
- SMC DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED IF SDM
- SMC DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED WR
- SMC DA* 60-250mm F4 ED IF SDM
- SMC DA 14mm F2.8 ED IF
- SMC DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited
- HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited
- SMC FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Black
- SMC DA 40mm F2.8 XS
- SMC FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Black
- SMC FA 50mm F1.4
- SMC D FA MACRO 50mm F2.8
- SMC DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM
- SMC FA 77mm F1.8 Limited Black
- SMC FA 77mm F1.8 Limited Silver
- SMC D FA MACRO 100mm F2.8WR
- SMC DA* 300mm F4.0 ED IF SDM
*Vignetting might occur when used with lenses 200mm or longer on full frame Pentax camera
Also available for
- Canon APS-C
- Canon Full Frame
- Fujifilm X APS-C
- Nikon APS-C
- Nikon Full Frame
- Olympus M43
- Sony Full Frame
- Sony APS-C
- 48mm / 77mm
|Without STC Astro-Multispectra
|With STC Astro-Multispectra
Direct JPEGs output from Nikon D800
Credits: Dr. Wei-Hao Wang
Camera: Nikon D800 (astro-modded)
STC Astro-M Transmission Characteristics
- Natural colour representation by selectively blocking out UV light below 410nm, sky glow in between 620nm and 640nm and infrared light beyond 680nm
- High transmission for astronomical bodies emission at Hα=656.3 nm, Hβ=486.1 nm, OIII=495.9 & 500.7 nm, SII=672.4 nm and slightly passing yellow-orange-ish emission at 605nm.
STC utilises ion beam assisted deposition (IBAD) to solidly bind the coatings onto Schott B270 glass, the very same glass used in Zeiss lenses. Such technique enhances the light transmission and also durability of the 160 layers of coating deposited to produce the advanced filter characteristics shown above.
With patented Ultra Layer® technology, both surfaces of Astro-Multispectra are coated with Anti-Smudge nano-coating to prevent dust and water from settling on the filter surface. Dew will not form and your filter is always clean. If necessary, it's effortless to clean.
6 months' warranty covering defects due to manufacturing and workmanship
Extended to 12 months by registering on STC website.
Please refer to the list above
1mm Schott® B270 Glass - 304 (A2) Stainless Steel
400nm – 700nm
Water drop contact angle
Both-sided, total 160 layers