** International Free Shipping (Insured) Applies **
Never should you worry about achieving razor sharp focus again! With Pegasus Astro DMFC Premium, you could empower your telescope with motorised focuser capability and with the right software, autofocus is just a few clicks away! A key component for automating your astrophotography rig.
- Dual Motor Focus Controller v3
- Cigarette Lighter Adapter (3 Amps fuse)
- Temperature Sensor 1m length
- Serial Cable for Stepper motor (1.5m)
- USB type B cable
The Dual Motor Focus Controller (DMFC) supports two kind of motor types.
- High Resolution Stepper motors (unipolar and bipolar) for absolute position focusing.
- DC motors by its Pulse Width Modulation duty cycle control.
Controller can switch motor mode from its software, Mode can be instantly changed (with one mouse click) from ‘stepper’ to ‘dc’ motor and saved in controller’s EEPROM memory.
Manual and PC operation
- Dual speed manual control
- Computer software control
Robofocus compatible connector pin out
Motor output is fully compatible with “Robofocus ©” pin out. Output can drive most of the motors in the market. Take a look in our F.A.Q tab.
An external digital temperature sensor input is located near the motor connector. A digital probe of one (1) meter length is supplied. The probe can be placed near the focuser so the exact temperature of the focuser / environment can be seen through the supplied software or ASCOM driver (probe always included in package)
Controller can compensate the backlash you might encounter in your system. Although our motor has very low backlash other setups might need this feature. Backlash compensation is supported from a function inside controller’s firmware.
Supports FocusMax v3 & v4, Sequence Generator Pro, Backyard EOS & Nikon and etc.
INDI (Open Astronomy Instrumentation) compliant
Pegasus DMFC driver is included with libindi >= 1.5.1
Official Indi Driver : http://indilib.org/devices/focusers/pegasus-dmfc.html
DMFC Standalone Program Support
The controller can be operated by the standalone DMFC software. (Only available for Windows OS)
Firmware Upgrade Support
Controller firmware supports re-programming via the USB 2.0 connection using upgrade software, for future upgrades which may become available. We constantly receive feedback from our customers and keep updating the firmware and software with new features.
Two Years Warranty
Warranty covers the controller device including the temperature sensor and the Pegasus Stepper Motor kit.
Advantages of Pegasus Astro DMFC Premium (DMFC + Stepper Motor Kit):
- Precise manual focusing control without touching the telescope
- High torque & very low backlash motor enables micron-scale focusing
- Perform auto-focus with software like SGP or FocusMax
- Auto compensate focus changes due to temperature changes
- Easy to install and compatible with most telescopes via Universal L-bracket
Pegasus Astro Stepper Motor Kit
- High resolution geared stepper motor (Step Angle 7.5, Deg 120, Gear Ration 1:120). Its gearbox has very low backlash and high torque suitable to focus in micron scale.
- Black Universal Aluminium Anodised Bracket (Hard to bend)
- Coupler (5mm to 8mm)
Cyclops Optics is the sole distributor for Pegasus Astro products in Asia region including Australia and New Zealand