-40ºC cooled CMOS camera with built in 9 filters wheel (free LRGB and anodised aluminium filters).
Get all narrowband filters for only HK$1450 when you purchase with miniCAM5F. Including Ha, Hb, S-II, O-III and methane (CH4) filters, costs HK$1950 if bought separately.
A great planetary and entry deep sky cooled CMOS camera with built in 9 filters wheel
If you think a cooled camera is expensive, even more so with a built-in filter wheel, then we are here to prove you wrong. QHYCCD proudly releases the miniCAM5F, built on top of miniCAM5S with a built-in 9 positions motorised filter wheel. It is enhanced with long exposure capability and cools 38ºC below ambient based on the same 1.2 megapixels 1/3” sensor used in the highly sensitive QHY5L-II. Thermal noise is reduced significantly and rendering this camera a great entry deep sky astrophotography camera. Beginners would appreciate the versatiility to do LRGB planetary imaging or narrowband deep sky imaging all in one package.
At only USD699, we bundle this capable camera with QHYCCD-defined 12mm LRGB filters. This gives you out-of-the-box capability of doing high resolution LRGB astrophotography be it planetary or deep sky imaging. The 12mm filters save you a great deal over 1.25" LRGB filters which cost upward of USD250. Optional hydrogen-alpha, sulphur-II, oxygen-III, hydrogen-beta, methane (CH4) filters are available at USD50 each.
Dew formation is history. miniCAM5F has a built-in CMOS chamber heating board that prevents dew from forming when camera is cooled down way below ambient temperature. A desiccant tube with silica gels is also supplied for drying the CMOS chamber if necessary.
The camera and the built-in filter wheel can be fully controlled by EzCAP on both Windows and Mac OSX platforms.
We're sure you will have fun exploring astrophotography with this camera!
- miniCAM5F camera x1
- LRGB 12 mm filters each x1
- S-II, H-alpha, O-III, H-beta filters x1 (optional)
- CH4 (Methane) filter x1 (optional)
- Dark frame filter x1
- Filter installation tool x1
- Cigarrate plug power cable x1
- Belkin 1.8m USB2 cable x1
- 1.25" nosepiece (T-ring) x1
- Desicant tube with silica gels x1
- Pelican style airtight case x1
- 1.2 Megapixels 1/3" CMOS
- Cooled 38ºC below ambient*
- CMOS chamber heating board preventing dew from forming
- Built in 9 positions filter wheel for 12 mm filters
- 12 mm L, R, G, B filters included
- Peak quantum efficiency: 74% (QE curve)
- Readout noise as low as 2 e-
- Exposure duration from 10 µs to 1800 s
- Fast capturing speed: 30FPS (1280x960) and up to 200FPS (320x240)
- No random horizontal noise
- No fixed pattern noise
- Input valve for inserting desicant tube that dries the CMOS chamber
* 30 November 2015: Cooling delta revised to 38ºC below ambient.
- Deep sky imaging
- High resolution solar, lunar and planetary imaging
- FireCapture & SharpCap2
- Others via ASCOM or WDM driver — MaximDL, etc.2
1 Mac OSX
2 Windows 7/8 x32/x64
Free shipping to Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, New Zealand, Malaysia, Philipines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Taiwan and United States. For full free shipping country list, please see here.
Customers from United Kingdom, please contact Modern Astronomy. They've cleared the custom import process for you to avoid potential import hassles.