- Mounting and removing the Clip-Filter is quick and easy.
- Enabling use of ND filters on ultra-wide angle lenses without filter threads
- Suitable for Nikon full frame DSLR*
- The fixed 6-stop ND clip filter is for the ND64 light density, passing through only 1.56% of the light, enabling long exposure motion blur effect under strong daylight
- Also it can picture the vague dual image, the detail of the cloud in the sky and the peaceful reflection.
- STC ND64 filter also fix the problem of color cast and too-heavy/thick problem of traditional ND64 filter with the technology of light spectrum SLC (Simulative Linear Calibration).
- Using 1mm Germany Schott B270 optical glass and no-color cast coating to supply you a new experience of long-exposure photography.
* Please refer to compatible camera list below
Compatible Nikon bodies
- D4 / D4s
- D800 / D800E
- D810 / D810A
Where does the clip filter go?
The clip filter sits nicely on the cavity in your camera body, before the mirror. It doesn't get in touch with the sensor at all.
Will the mirror damage the filter or vice versa?
No, when the clip filter is in place, the mirror will rest on the clip filter frame which is made of 304 stainless steel and padded with shock absorbing material.
Is it okay to release the mirror lock?
Absolutely! There is no harm to be caused to the mirror or the filter. It's perfectly fine to leave the clip filter in the body even when powered off.
A. Select LV (liveview mode) after turning on the camera. The mirror will lock up and then remove the lens.
B. Slide the Astro-M clip filter at an inclined angle of 45º into the camera as shown below.
C. Make sure the clip filter fit nicely and flat
D. Attach the camera lens and start capturing via LV mode
STC Ultra Layer® zero-colour shift patented technology eliminates color casting and significantly reduces the weight and bulkiness of the ND64 filter. Combining a high quality 1mm Germany Schott B270 optical glass and zero-color cast coating, a new experience of long-exposure photography awaits.
6 months warranty covering defects due to manufacturing and workmanship
Extended to 12 months by registering on STC website.
Nikon D4 / D4s / D800 / D800E / D810 / D750 / D600 / D610
1mm Schott® B270 Glass - 304 (A2) Stainless Steel
Water drop contact angle
Both-sided, total 34 layers