- Focuser / Rotator
- Pegasus Astro Focus Cube for SCT v2 (Free Shipping)
** International Free Shipping Applies **
Never should you worry about achieving razor sharp focus again! With Pegasus Astro FocusCube for SCT v2, you could empower your telescope with motorised focuser capability and with the right software, autofocus is just a few clicks away! A key component for automating your astrophotography rig.
Advantages of Pegasus Astro FocusCube for SCT v2:
- High torque & very low backlash motor enables micron-scale focusing
- Perform auto-focus with software like SGP or FocusMax
- Auto compensate focus changes due to temperature changes
- Easy to install and compatible with most SCT telescopes via SCT bracket (please choose your models when ordering)
- FocusCube v2 (SCT bracket)
- Temperature Sensor (0.6m)
- USB type B Cable (1.8m)
- Cigarette Lighter Adapter (3A fused)
- Two Aluminium Pulleys (60 & 40 teeth) and transmission belt – SCT Version only
- Six different motor couplers (bore diameter from 3mm to 8mm) – Universal Version only
- Different sizes of screws and spacers
High torque & resolution stepper motor
Embedded unipolar stepper motor has a powerful and very low backlash gearbox. Motor Step Angle is 7.5 deg but the 1:120 reduction gearbox turns the reduction rate to 0.06255 deg / step. As firmware implements half step drive, the motor can execute twice the steps per cycle. This means 11510 steps per cycle! Bottom line: You can focus in microns, easily and with great accuracy.
Motor can lift up to 6Kg of equipment (212 ounces) of imaging equipment when the telescope points to the zenith!
Two bracket versions
You can choose between:
- SCT Bracket: SCT Bracket fits to Celestron C Series, Celestron Edge and Celestron RASA telescopes.
- Universal bracket (version shown this page): which fits to most focusers in the market and
FocusCube SCT Bracket (version shown this page)
Universal L Bracket
An external digital temperature sensor input is located near the motor connector. A digital probe of one meter (3 feet) length is supplied. The probe can be placed near the focuser so the exact temperature of the focuser / environment can be seen through the supplied software or ASCOM driver (probe is always included)
Expansion Port / Manual Focus (optional accessory)
FocusCube includes an expansion RJ45 port on the left side. This port provides input for the temperature sensor. An optional hand controller for manual focus control can be acquired for those who might want to add this functionality.
The controller is fully compatible with latest ASCOM 6.4.
Supports FocusMax v3 & v4, Sequence Generator Pro, Backyard EOS & Nikon and etc.
INDI (Open Astronomy Instrumentation) compliant
Standalone Program "FocusController" Support (Free!)
All cables are included
- A 1.8m USB Type B cable is included in the package.
- A 1.5m Cigarette lighter adapter power cable is included in the package
Firmware Upgrade Support
Controller firmware supports re-programming via the USB 2.0 connection using upgrade software, for future upgrades which may become available. We constantly receive feedback from our customers and keep updating the firmware and software with new features.
Two Years Warranty
Warranty covers the controller device including the temperature sensor and the Pegasus Stepper Motor kit.
Cyclops Optics is the sole distributor for Pegasus Astro products in Asia region including Australia and New Zealand